Last year I published the first version of my linux headtracking driver for the VR920 HMD here. Currently I am working on a new driver version which will have the following additional features:
- Multiple Protocols:
-UDP multicast (as before)
-UDP unicast (for flightgear connection and perhaps more)
-mouse emulation (via uinput)
-joystick emulation (via uinput)
-character device for direct angle readings (via cuse, will
require a kernel >= 2.6.31)
- Inverting of axes (to have moving the head up making the mouse pointer up or down, depending on needs)
- Better filtering algorithm (more stable headtracking)
- Scaling of data (i.e. to match screen size with mouse mode)
- Customisable delay between sensor readings
- User interface separated from the driver
With the upcoming MPX and the mouse emulation it should be possible to control the visible viewport by turning around the head. Controlling the view for games or other software that do not natively support headtracking should also be possible with the emulation.
In the current development stage most of the features are basically working so expect the new driver to be released soon.
Stay tuned for updates